Infographic Poster – The Poster

Untitled3Untitled34

As stated previously, the first change to be made was the colour of the mountains. I agreed with the feedback I received saying that the greens blended in to the poster and didn’t stand out for themselves from the water. This is also why I decided to add a strip of brown at the bottom of the hill to represent more clearly the flow of ground water, as it proved difficult to see the strip of water whilst it overlaid the green of the grass. It also looked too similar to the river flowing in the same direction, so I wanted to clear up any confusion.

The most major change that I made to the poster was my attempt to make the piece come together as a whole rather than feeling segregated. By having the key (which represents the change in water states) beneath the title, the poster felt split into three different sections which had a negative impact on the composition as a whole poster. To remedy this, I decided to move the key to the bottom so that it was not splitting the title and cycle apart. The poster, however, still felt split between the title and cycle image, so I decided to move the sun up into the top right corner and have a group of sun rays extending over the whole poster. I feel that this brought the poster together as one image rather than three separate sections and that it looked a lot more professional.

The final change that I made to the final design was on the actual cycle itself. There were various snippets of feedback from my class mates and friends about things I could include/take out that would make the cycle more obvious. The first of these was the most obvious; I was told I should include actual rain and water vapour connecting to the clouds to show the cycle in action. This was a simple task. The next was that the arrow leading to the tree confused the cycle slightly, as plant uptake of water I not part of the major water cycle (one of my friends said that if I’m representing plants on there then why aren’t there humans or animals drinking water as well?). It made sense to remove the arrow in order to keep the focus on the primary water cycle. The last major change was trying to make the ‘snow melt’ on the mountain more obvious. I did this by adding streams of water falling from the drooping chunky of snow into the mountain pool.

After finishing all of these changes, I believe that my poster is at a professional standard of work. I am pleased with the end result and look forward to hearing what my seminar group think in our class critique. Of course, there is always room for improvement, and I am sure that I would be able to make my poster much better if I had a longer time to work on it. However, I am satisfied with the end result and think that it has improved greatly after all of the feedback I have received.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s