The next stage was to create the actual main body of the poster. My initial idea was to break each part of the cycle up into individual sections like one of the infographics I looked at before, though I soon realised that would make it seem too literal and would remove the poster element from the design. So instead, I decided to create a basic scene that contained the primary part of the water cycle (that being evaporation, condensation, rain, river flow into the sea and repeat).
The initial scene without any prompts for a cycle turned out quite nicely. When receiving feedback from my peers, however, I realised that the green hues of the grass and mountains didn’t work particularly well with the blues of the water and sky, as they experienced the same problem as I had earlier (blending of colours). I had originally changed the mountains to green so that the didn’t look out of place with the grass, though I plan to change them back to a browner hue so that they compliment the blues of the colour scheme. (This change will be shown in the next post, however, as I had actually made more progress on the poster before changing quite a few details as a result of feedback).
This is how the poster looked after every part had been pieced together. At this point, I was happy to have a complete poster, though the feedback I received from several people on how to improve it was very useful. My next post will contain a side by side comparison of the before and after as well as a commentary on what has changed and why.